Friday, March 14, 2014

Medicines

Well I have been on this huge roller coaster the past two weeks.  Huge emotional depths that I just didn't understand.  I was no longer sleeping through the night or getting to sleep more than two hours at a time.  Which is awful with lack of sleep brings on a whole slew of symptoms.  No sleep leads to worsened depression, lack of eating schedule and mixed messages from my brain whether I'm sleepy or hungry.  Fatigue and lack of just wanting to move or even leave my house.  I was kind of in freak out mode really.  I haven't been in this spot for over a year now and was distraught that I was falling back and not moving forward.  I was debating calling my doctor and getting back on anti depressants.

Four days ago while waking up totally fatigued and going through my morning routine of making coffee setting out my vitamins and putting my oils on I reached to grab my thyroid medicine.  It was not there and a huge light bulb went off.   I haven't taken my medicine in about three weeks...ugh.  No wonder!!!  It was knocked down and behind the coffee pot, out of sight out of mind.  I almost sat down and cried...a reason for the back slide and the fatigue.  I have a light shinning into the tunnel...yay!


If any of the above symptoms even sound remotely like something you feel, I would get your thyroid checked.  I didn't realize how much it could effect my mental and emotional health, but if you stop to think about how big of a roll your thyroid plays in your bodies function it totally makes sense.  I'm feeling more positive knowing that all will be balanced once again.  I am also making sure that I use the right oils to aid in the support of my thyroid so that if I ever (not if I can help it) do that again my crash will not be as hard.

No workouts in, but did do moderate stretching to keep my back and hips loose.  My positives in the mirror now that I think about are quite humorous.  I wouldn't give myself much...that's bad.  One of my positives was that my eyebrows were still full and not all the way gray yet...eeeek, hey but it was a positive.  I didn't really binge eat either, I don't keep a lot of binge options that are horrific in my house anymore.  However Jacksons and Granny B's cookies are less than a mile away and I did make those runs a few times..I hate confessing that.  I only would buy one though instead of three!  I didn't gain any weight, but I didn't lose either.

The battle of this curvy girl shall continue on!  Always discovering new things about myself and my food addiction good and bad I shall share with you.  

Remember to look in the mirror and say something positive about yourself to yourself, no matter how little you think it is.  Say it..it will make a difference.






No comments:

Post a Comment