Sunday, January 26, 2014

Moving forward

Through a very rough time yesterday, today was a healing day.  Looking at yourself honestly is not an easy task but a humbling one.  I have been told I was brave to put that out there, lets be honest about this if you knew me it was not a big surprise to you as it was to me.  Now what, time for me to be hyper aware of reacting out emotion.  To dwell on this or accept that this is just how I am is not moving forward, therefore is unacceptable.  With every painful part of life comes growth and for me this was a growth spot.

The thing that makes this journey for a truly healthy me is this time I am willing to look at the good, the bad and the ugly.  I was never willing to honestly face my short comings or how I viewed myself or my relationship with food.  Changing the way I approach situations is key to my success in this journey and looking at my "ugly" is a step in that direction.  If getting healthy was only has easy as getting fat/unhealthy was. 

I truly believe that everyone can change physically by exercising  and eating healthy, but if you are unwilling to make some kind of emotional change, or recognize the negative influences around you the quest may keep repeating itself until some issues are resolved.

Changes have already been rolling in me this week, even with a rough emotional day I did not use food to comfort me!  I totally took this deed head on!!!  Thank you God for giving me the strength.

Today was really no more than readdressing what I am thankful for.  I have an amazing family and a few friends that love me no matter what.

Remember to tell yourself something positive about yourself today no matter what.

1 comment:

  1. The good, the bad, the ugly, the funny, the sweet, the sincere, the loyal, the mother, the sister, the wife = MY friend. I love you for everything you are!

    ReplyDelete